Saturday, June 12, 2010

Yum, Yum! Chocolate Pie!

We had a great, relaxing weekend at home in Birmingham this weekend. Usually, I'm really excited about staying home because I get the opportunity to workout while Sam is napping. My plan completely changed for some reason....and I made a homemade chocolate pie. Many thanks to my late, great aunt Shelby Sims for the recipe and my mother-in-law, Karen, for the quick tips on the crust and meringue. My sister, Mandi, brought Jake over for a play date with Sam and happened to ask, "Do y'all have anything sweet to eat?" I answered, "Well, I just happened to have a homemade chocolate pie :) !" She said that it was better than a restaurant, but I think she's a little partial with me being her sister and all. Come on over for a piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment