Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fishin'

In addition to our family vacation last week, it was also my 6th wedding anniversary. Mike has been tinkering with fishing again and he has been chomping at the bit for a new fly rod. So, as a combo gift for our anniversary and his 1st Father's Day, I got him a 9ft 5wt Powell 4 piece combo. To say the least, he was giddy. We don't have anywhere for him to fish in our neighborhood besides a pond on the way in to our subdivision. We didn't expect there to be many fish there, but Mike couldn't help but play around with his new toy. Sam and I walked down one night this week with him and had lots of fun. We walked out on the pier and listened to the water spewing from the fountain pound down on the pond. It was a great evening to stroll. A summer storm was passing through neighboring cities and the cool breeze kept us very refreshed. To our surprise, Mike caught a small fish on the first cast. Showing it to Sam was really what he cared about most. Sam's face is so expressive (wonder who he gets that from ?!). Can't you see him saying,

"Can I really touch it, Dad? "

"Cool! It's a fish and I'm touching it!"

"Look, Mom, I'm touching it!"

1 comment: