Friday, October 8, 2010

1st Birthday Party

Sam's first birthday was a blast! He loves the book "The Poky Little Puppy" and his Nana made one heck of a puppy cake to go along with the theme for the party. The weather was HOT, so we had baby pools covered by umbrellas and a slip 'n slide. All of this fun was set up at my mom's house in downtown Gadsden. I was hoping it would serve as a central place to meet for all of the family from Birmingham and Geraldine. Sam loved opening the gifts and he was so careful with his cake. His Aunt Mandi said that it was so characteristic of Sam; he's so careful and clean. As we were opening his gifts, I looked down and Sam was standing ALL BY HIMSELF! I was so excited! It was the first time I had seen him do it. Congratulations and Happy Birthday, Sam!
My Nana makes the best cakes!

Thanks Aunt Lauren for my own cake!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, Sam's 1st birthday party was a fun day for all of us. A celebration of a whole year of his new life with us, of which, every second spent with him is truly a joy! He's such a perfect gift from God.

    ReplyDelete