Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Seagrove Beach Trip

This past week was a monumental week for Sam. I was so concerned about traveling 4 hours from home to spend an entire week at the beach with an 8 week old baby. I laid him down for a nap in his pack and play for the first time in this new environment and of course he cried. I laid down on my bed and just about called Mom crying myself. I sat there and thought, "Am I crazy for doing this?" He eventually soothed himself to sleep and I felt a little better. The first night he slept from 10:30pm to 6:45am! He woke up Sunday morning cooing and smiling more than he ever had. Every single morning he's been so happy. I think Mike and I spent 20 minutes playing with him after his bottle and a clean change. Not only is he cooing more, but he's adding a few AHHHs to it too. It's like he's really talking to you.

Everything was rockin' along until Mary Madeline and Mike caught a stomach virus. We thought Sam had it too, but the doctor says that my milk packs his immune system full of vitamins to help him overcome things like that. I've never heard him cry like he did the night we came home from the beach when we decided to stop at my sister's house for a little "nonna and nonk nonk time". My mom and stepdad were in town to keep Jake while they went to Chris Campisi's wedding. Sam eventually got better, but it was definitely a stressful time.

This week we took Sam to the pediatrician for his 6-8 week check up although he's 9 weeks. We were at the beach last week, so we pushed it back. As of Thursday, October 15th Sam weighs 10 lbs 15.5 oz and is 23 in longs. He's in the 50th percentile in both categories. His head circumference is 15.25 in and is in the 25th percentile. The doc says to keep feeding him breast milk and we'll talk about cereal and baby food on the next visit. He seems very happy with his progression and so are mommy and daddy. We'll see how big he is in 2 months!!

Sam on Seagrove Beach ~ Saturday 10.03.09 - Saturday 10.10.09

1 comment: